Here you will find reports and articles from past Study Commissions…
Our hope is that Free Methodist members, leaders, and ministries can benefit from a broader and deeper understanding of our doctrines and beliefs as expressed in these resources. Learn more about the Study Commission members…
According to ¶4080 of the Free Methodist Book of Discipline, “A Study Commission on Doctrine shall serve the General Conference by studying theological and social issues facing the church, and make recommendations to the General Conference.”
A word about comment moderation:
This online conversation is provided by the Study Commission on Doctrine (SCOD) of the Free Methodist Church – USA (FMCUSA). Our intention is not to limit discussion but to elevate it by assuring that God’s love and respect is always expressed. We will therefore post those comments which further our mutual understanding and assure that every person is being treated with dignity even when disagreement is being voiced.
- The SCOD encourages respectful, intelligent and impassioned discussion and debate.
- The SCOD encourages a Wesleyan method of looking at the topic from a Scriptural perspective as well as that of Reason, Tradition and Experience.
- Any personal attack will keep the entire comment from being posted. This includes not only attacking others within this SCOD conversation but anyone within the larger secular or Christian world.
- Any libelous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, threatening, harassing abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable comments will not be posted.
- Any invasion of another’s privacy or any post that emulates or pretends to be someone else will not be posted.
- This online conversation is not to be used to solicit or advertise personal blogs.
The SCOD, in our sole discretion, retains the right to remove individual posts or to revoke the access privileges of anyone who we believe has violated any of these standards.